Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Little Bastards"

I just had a two-three year old kid give me the middle finger as I was driving back home from the grocery store. I was minding my on business when this all happened and so I’m just a little taken by it all. What parent teaches their child or allows their child to just go around giving the finger to random strangers for no other reason then the little bastard can?

I don’t know what “parenting” has come to in this day and age but upon returning home I had a conversation with my older sister about the fact that this child is the resident “little bastard” of the neighborhood. Now, keep in mind that we’re talking about a child that’s not even five years old yet and he’s already known as a “little bastard” and the parents have been labeled “dead beats.” Now this is not a bad neighborhood that we live in either. We live in a new sub-division in Lawrenceville-Grayson, Georgia which isn’t cheap and the presence of this “little bastard” is a tad unsettling, to say the least.

I look forward to the day when I become a parent and I think about what “could” happen should I raise a “little bastard.” I shudder at the thought.
That’s all. Just wanted to rant about “little bastards.”

No comments: