Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Itching To Act"

It's been a while since I've done any real acting, in fact, it hasn't been since I played the gypsy crone in CREATURES OF THE NIGHT that I've had a role with speaking lines so I've just been itching to get back into the acting groove. Although I've never considered myself a real actor I love to dress up as a different character other then myself and emmerse myself in a personnae other then my own.

Some of my favorite roles were as a Joan Crawford clone in the short play MOMMY DEAREST 2 (an original student play that will never be performed again although I still have the pix), the old gypsy crone in CREATURES OF THE NIGHT (because I loved getting in the make up and becoming a white person), and my favorite role is as a possible Vietnam vet in a mental hospital in the original play PSYCHED (which remains one of my only true roles for which I created a full fledged character). I've also played a postal worker (in the short film FROM ABOVE), a claravoyant (in the short films SEANCE and the feature THE SAYER), and a college student in the film JACK O'LANTERN.

These are few of my more notable roles as I've played extras in several films. These pale in my memory next to the roles that I actually believed help my ability as an actor. I'll never admit that I'm an actor but I do enjoy playing in front of the camera. I have nothing really lined up other then a few lines as a lawyer in Ed Harlaque's next film, so, I can at least look forward to that.

No comments: